The Sunshine Award!

With Thanksgiving behind us, we can now catch up on a few things that demand our attention, notably accepting the Sunshine Award that lovely Laura at The Cook to Love Project was kind enough to nominate us for – thank you, Laura! Just so you all know, Laura’s blog is much more than a wonderful cooking blog – although, make no mistake, in The Cook to Love Project you will find plenty of delicious and healthy vegan, gluten-free recipes. Laura’s blog is also a great source of inspiration (not only in the kitchen, that is) which strives to encourage its readers to “eat and live healthfully, creatively, and compassionately” (borrowing Laura’s own words).

On to the award acceptance process: according to the rules, nominees must (i) include a link in your blog to the blog that nominated you; (ii) answer some questions about yourself; (iii) nominate 10 fellow bloggers, linking to their blogs; and (iv) inform them that they have been nominated.

So, we took care of (i) above, and since Laura was so kind as to include both Francesca and me in her nomination, we thought in the Q&A part we would answer one question each, alternating:

1. Who is your favorite philosopher? S: Being a firm believer in logic and science, I definitely say Aristotle.

2. What is your favorite number? F: 17

3. What is your favorite animal? S: this is a tough one as I like and, as a nature photographer, have photographed many of them. Having to pick just one, I would say bears, regardless of the species.

4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? F: www.facebook.com/FlorasTable – sorry, we do not have a Twitter account!

5. What is your favorite time of day? S: Being a photographer, I like the fringes of the day, when the light is warmer, the sky gets tinged with magical hues and contrast is lower.

6. What is your favorite holiday? F: Christmas

7. What is your favorite physical activity? S: Leaving the “obvious” answer aside ;-) I would say skiing.

8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? F: sparkling water

9. What is your passion? S: As you can guess from my icon, my passions are photography and wine!

10. What is your favorite flower? F: this is tough, because flowers have been my passion my entire life, but if I really have to make a choice, I say hydrangeas and peonies.

And now our own nominations to pass the Sunshine Award on, in no particular order:

Congratulations to all the nominees: your blogs are awesome and certainly deserve this award!

Have a stress-free Black Friday!

About these ads

I am a photographer and an ISA certified sommelier. I contribute to two blogs, Flora's Table (the fine cooking and wine blog - www.florastable.com) and Clicks & Corks (my photography and wine blog - www.clicksandcorks.com). My photography Web site is at www.StefanoCrosio.com
This entry was posted in Awards and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to The Sunshine Award!

1. My French Heaven says:

I am so excited to be nominated!! Thank you dear Francesca! I will work on the details over the weekend:0) SOOOOO excited!!

2. Thank you, Flora’s Table! I’m flattered. :-)

3. Congrats.! Awesome links, nice nominees. :)

4. Congratulations and thanks for the nomination!

5. daisyandthefox says:

congratulations of your award!! :) and i am so thankful for you nominating me! :)

Congratulations to you :D and thanks so much for the nomination! As I have only just accepted another nomination, I don’t know if I’ll do the whole post again, but I will gratefully acknowledge your kind mention :) I love your answers, btw! I love bears too! I have recently been following a sad story… don’t know if you’ve seen it on the news, but it’s about a threatened closure of a sanctuary for rescued bile bears in Vietnam. It’s a heartbreaker! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IikpptgU_8k&feature=youtu.be if you’re interested. Once again I thank you very much for the lovely nomination! So very sweet of you! All the best :)

You are very welcome: we love your blog! And clearly, no worries about not posting again for this award.
      I had not seen the piece of news that you linked to: I watched the video (thanks for including a link to it) and it is indeed very sad news. It is sad to see how sometimes the efforts of well-meaning NGO’s get thwarted by special interests. Kind of reminds me of Dian Fossey with the mountain gorillas. Thank you for sharing.
      All the very best!

• mmmarzipan says:

Yes, it’s very much like that situation… deeply unfair. I guess one thing that’s more hopeful in this instance is that, with social media and smaller news items going viral these days, the pressure of the voices of the people might just make a positive impact :) Thank you again for your kind encouragement! The best to you :)

7. Laura says:

Great post! And thank you for the kind words!

8. Congratulations!! And thanks again, im very thankful for you nominating me :-)

9. milkandbun says:

Congrats!!! And thank you for including me in nomination! :) I’m happy and really appreciate this!