With Thanksgiving behind us, we can now catch up on a few things that demand our attention, notably accepting the Sunshine Award that lovely Laura at The Cook to Love Project was kind enough to nominate us for – thank you, Laura! Just so you all know, Laura’s blog is much more than a wonderful cooking blog – although, make no mistake, in The Cook to Love Project you will find plenty of delicious and healthy vegan, gluten-free recipes. Laura’s blog is also a great source of inspiration (not only in the kitchen, that is) which strives to encourage its readers to “eat and live healthfully, creatively, and compassionately” (borrowing Laura’s own words).
On to the award acceptance process: according to the rules, nominees must (i) include a link in your blog to the blog that nominated you; (ii) answer some questions about yourself; (iii) nominate 10 fellow bloggers, linking to their blogs; and (iv) inform them that they have been nominated.
So, we took care of (i) above, and since Laura was so kind as to include both Francesca and me in her nomination, we thought in the Q&A part we would answer one question each, alternating:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? S: Being a firm believer in logic and science, I definitely say Aristotle.
2. What is your favorite number? F: 17
3. What is your favorite animal? S: this is a tough one as I like and, as a nature photographer, have photographed many of them. Having to pick just one, I would say bears, regardless of the species.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter? F: www.facebook.com/FlorasTable – sorry, we do not have a Twitter account!
5. What is your favorite time of day? S: Being a photographer, I like the fringes of the day, when the light is warmer, the sky gets tinged with magical hues and contrast is lower.
6. What is your favorite holiday? F: Christmas
7. What is your favorite physical activity? S: Leaving the “obvious” answer aside 😉 I would say skiing.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? F: sparkling water
9. What is your passion? S: As you can guess from my icon, my passions are photography and wine!
10. What is your favorite flower? F: this is tough, because flowers have been my passion my entire life, but if I really have to make a choice, I say hydrangeas and peonies.
And now our own nominations to pass the Sunshine Award on, in no particular order:
- Map of Time – A Trip Into the Past
- Eagle-Eyed Editor
- My French Heaven
- Paint the Town Pretty
- Miss Marzipan
- Mamsell Proust
- Yona Photo
- The Art of the Visit
- Daisy and the Fox
Congratulations to all the nominees: your blogs are awesome and certainly deserve this award!
Have a stress-free Black Friday!