Going against the “season trend”: Cremini Mushroom Soup for TDPC

Mushroom soup

Mushroom soup

The Dinner Party Collective’s Winter Menu is finally out and it looks amazing!

At the beginning of this social roller-coaster, I asked our lovely Chief Editor Margot to be given a chance to play my first food round in the opposite hemisphere. Margot and Sandra graciously allowed me to join them and I “won” the appetizer.

After a few email consultations with my co-conspirators, a mushroom soup got two thumbs up. So I did what I usually do when cooking time comes: I took out my magic wand and… bibbidi bobbidi boo… I had a lovely mushroom soup!

No, not really! 😉 You see, this time my magic wand had to work a little bit harder because… ok, here is the ugly truth: I do not like mushrooms! Oops!

But, don’t you love a challenge? I do! Especially when it calls for ingredients that I don’t like (but let’s no go there because the list is quite long!) I love the way this soup turned out: it’s well-balanced, creamy and full of flavors. It is a great appetizer and I ended up making it for Stefano already a few times.

If I could do it, you… yes you… I’m sure you love mushrooms… you can do it too and your dinner party will be off to a perfect start. If you feel inspired, you can find the recipe on The Dinner Party Collective’s blog.

Stay tuned for a wonderful first course by Sandra and a delicious and gorgeous dessert by Margot – plus Stefano’s wine pairing suggestions of course! 😉

Have a great week!

Francesca Xx

Mushroom soup

Mushroom soup

This entry was posted in Recipes, The Dinner Party Collective and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Going against the “season trend”: Cremini Mushroom Soup for TDPC

1. Sabine says:

Sometimes the “inner clock” is just taking over – no need to follow the calendar each and every time . And this wonderful mushroom soup is timeless anyway!

2. ladyredspecs says:

You soup looks delish Francesca. I adore mushrooms and will make you soup after market day. The rich and earthy flavour is the perfect counterpoint to what follows. It’s exciting to see everyone’s efforts coming to fruition!

3. I am not a fan of mushrooms either, but I might make an exception for this soup. It looks delicious Francesca and the photos are lovely 🙂

4. If you can believe it, I’m not a fan of mushrooms either Francesca! I think it stems from the cans of condensed mushroom soup we would eat growing up… ick. Your mushroom soup however, looks rich, decadent, and delicious.

5. What?! You don’t like mushrooms?! Like I can talk…I have like list of things I can’t stand so I totally understand! I do love mushroom soup though so this is fantastic!

I’m so glad you have a list! I have a list too!!! Who says that food bloggers must love every single piece of edible substance on earth? Food is also question of taste, isn’t it? 😉
      Thank you for your kindness!

6. Ohhhh, dear Francesca! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry… I so very much wish that you would have told me that you didn’t like mushrooms – I had absolutely no idea! You’ve been so wonderful throughout all of our collaboration phase and I sincerely thank you for your everything that you’ve done, your kind and gentle nature and willingness to make something that pairs so beautifully with the menu! Next time around though, we definitely need to make sure that it will be a dish that you’ll enjoy eating as well. Sending a large virtual hug your way. M.xx

Margot, laugh … absolutely laugh! 😜
      I think that the key to any successful collaboration is to be a team player no matter what and do whatever is necessary to make the entire project a success. This soup was the perfect starter for the winter menu.
      This is not the first time I cook something I don’t like and it’s not going to be last. I do not eat fish and I cook it every week and don’t even get me started on cakes and tarts. Still I could open a bakery…
      Paraphrasing one of your latest posts … when life gives you mushrooms …
      Who knows what life is going to give me next? 😜

7. My dad loves mushrooms.
    I will make him this soon. 🙂

Also, I’ve an invite for us all. It’s a #WeeklyChallenge for #FoodBlogger to encourage genuine blog appreciation (not just empty likes).
    Please visit http://wp.me/p6c369-10 to participate & know more.

8. You don’t like mushrooms? I love mushrooms and your soup looks absolutely fabulous. Your plating/presentation and Stefano’s photo is gorgeous as always.. I’m off to TDPC for the recipe! 🙂

Delicious looking soup, Francesca. And you don’t like mushrooms! Great photography as always by Stefano. Hope you are all well and doing fine.
    Big hug from all of us! Xx

10. I like cooking and yet I am sure it would be lovely, just occasionally, to wave a magic wand and hey presto find a dish was ready. The soup looks lovely and it’s beautifully photographed. 😉 Bx

I shouldn’t say that but … I would like that more often than just occasionally! 😜
      Hope your renovation project is going well. Looking foward to seeing the final result!
      Thank you, B.!

11. polianthus says:

You don’t like mushrooms? !!!! Well sometimes we dont like things similar in nature to ourselves – told you i could work with whatever shocking reason you had for not picking mushrooms first! Amazing you picked it to cook though!

Dear Poli,
      I don’t like many, many things but I work with them anyway for different reasons. The most important thing to me is always find a way to make it happen … successfully! 😜
      Thank you, dear!