When life spices up: an interview with Gourmandize

Red chili pepper plant

Hello Everyone!

Today, we are barging into your house for a few minutes only to share some exciting (at least for us!) news!

Do you know those early mornings when you have just switched the alarm off, your eyes are still half-closed and sleepy and your are trying to remember your name and figure out where you are? Oh well! Who am I fooling? All my mornings are like that! 😉

Anyway, after I regain all my senses and before getting up, my mechanical arm grabs my phone from the bedside table and I check my emails. Not that I usually get great emails (quite the opposite!) but, every now and then, I happen to receive good news.

Now, you can imagine my surprise first, and excitement immediately afterwards, when – on one of those mornings – I read an email from the editor of Gourmandize asking us if we were interested in being interviewed and featured as Blogger of the Day on their site!

I have to admit I was not familiar with Gourmandize, but the more I check their website the more I get hooked. Gourmandize is a recipe sharing site created last year where the content is contributed by its members. You can register your blog with them, join their community and enjoy the benefits of their platform, while sharing your recipes and getting to know fellow food bloggers. Can it get any cooler than that?

So do yourself a favor: check Gourmandize out and open yourself and your food up to new possibilities!

If you are interested in reading our interview, you can do so here:

My interview on Gourmandize

Enough with the bragging! 😉

I wish you all a great day!

Francesca Xx

This entry was posted in Awards, F'sT Home and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to When life spices up: an interview with Gourmandize

1. talkavino says:

Great interview guys, and I like your long term goals – hopefully I can get on that coveted “friends and family” pre-IPO shares distribution list!
    And I really like your closing paragraph about why we actually cook and that the cooking itself is not a contest. Well done!

2. Awesome! Great interview. I really enjoy reading your blog and wish you success with your secret IPO plans. Love your thoughts on organic growth of your blog….clearly it is working! Cheers.

3. Bizou says:

Sounds so wonderful. Congratulations 2 you 2. I’ll definitely check the site.
    Thank u 4 sharing.

4. Many congratulations Francesca and Stefano, the interview reads well and is so entertaining. Your grandmother’s cake sounds so delicious, I wish I could have a slice of it. Happy weekend. Bx

Thank you, B.! I’m still trying to nail that cake. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away many years ago and I was not interested in cooking when she was alive so I don’t have the recipe. My mom says that she must have the recipe somewhere but so far … The quest for the secret recipe is on! 🙂

5. chef mimi says:

Fabulous! Off to read it now!

6. Antisocial Patty says:

Congratulations! I really enjoyed the interview. 🙂

7. Great interview Francesca & Stefano! Lovely to read a little more about you guys… and I totally agree that it’s mostly about putting smiles on the faces of family and friends! That’s all the reward I need… 🙂

8. laurasmess says:

Congrats on the interview Francesca and Stefano! So awesome!!! I enjoyed the interview too and I am glad that your lovely, warm personalities shone through. I’m a big fan of your work so ‘yay’ for being ‘Blogger of the Day’! 🙂

So kind of you, Laura! I’m not sure that my personality is that warm and shining but your words are so flattering that I’m going to “cuddle” with them! Thank you, my dear! 🙂

Congratulations to both you and Stefano, Francesca! Very well done. Gourmandize could not have chosen better bloggers to interview. Your closing bit of advice was pure gold. Though it’s nice to see so many cooking shows on TV, they can be intimidating. Experience in the kitchen is what will help each of us to improve out skills.

Thank you for your kind words, John! Yes, I have to admit that it was very intimidating to me when I started cooking but, after a while, I realized that the drama and the pressure is just for the benefit of the show and the entertainment of the audience. 🙂

10. Sophie33 says:

Congrats to you both,..what a cool interview! 🙂 Yeahhh!

11. Bizou says:

Well done. Congratulations to you both. I liked the interview & enjoy your blog very much so I’m very happy for you & Stefano.

You and Stefano will kindly have to forgive my delayed reaction. I’ve been in a veritable fog of being busy with a capital B. I can’t believe I missed this. I’m gushing forth with vicarious excitement as I read the news and am heading over to read your interview.

Congratulations to you both! ❤

Wishing you and Stefano every success. You are truly amazing people!<3

Awesome interview, both of you. I can’t believe you only started to cook 5 years ago!
    All the best from the four of us, stay happy bloggers,
    Dina ❤