Mother’s Day and a double gift: Coco and B!

Justine Picardie's "Coco Chanel - The Legend and the Life"I know what your are thinking. Where is the food? Sorry to disappoint you, but no special dish for this occasion! Mother’s Day is a holiday that I take very seriously, which means that my family knows that I will not even put the kettle on the stove. Plus, my mom is in Rome so there will be nobody in my home who should be celebrated but me. It will be all about me! 😉

I thought this would be an ideal occasion to share a book with you that can be a perfect gift for any mom who is into fashion and wants to know more about the most iconic female figure in fashion of all times. Of course, I’m talking about Coco Chanel and the book is “Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life” by Justine Picardie.

I simply loved this book along with the pictures and the illustrations, but my review stops here. Why? Because I cannot take any credit for “discovering” it. I bought the book after reading a post by B over at Just Add Attitude (and here it is my second gift for you all 😉 ). If you want to know more about the book, just pay a visit to B’s blog and enjoy her lovely review as well as all her other posts about the fashion guru.

Stuff We Like!Back to B and her blog: I don’t know much about B… not even her full name 🙂 but you do not have to know someone’s life, death and miracles (as the Italian saying goes) to appreciate her or him.

B is one of the most gracious bloggers out there. When you read her posts and her comments, you have the impression that she is right there with you. By following her blog, you will be taken by hand to an amazing journey through her beloved Dublin and Ireland in general. She will unveil for your all the secrets of her country, from monuments, to exhibitions, museums, workshops, restaurants, cafes, stores and farmhouses. I wish I had known B years ago when I managed to spend a month in Dublin! It would have been great to be showed around by her.

But that’s not all. Through her blog and her impeccable taste, B will also share her thoughts with you about food, style, shopping, life in general as well as picks from her two favorite cities (Paris and London – by the way, not too shabby a choice, B, if you ask me!).

So make yourself a favor: as soon as you have a moment, check Just Add Attitude out. You can thank me later. 😉

I wish you all a very happy Mother’s Day. As to me, someone in my family who is not too old and not very good at keeping secrets already told me that breakfast in bed seems to be in my cards for that day: yay! 😉

This entry was posted in Stuff We Like and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

33 Responses to Mother’s Day and a double gift: Coco and B!

You deserve it, Francesca . Enjoy the whole program and get totally utterly spoiled! 🙂
    I love the quotes from Coco Chanel, last year I saw the great film about her life and liked it a lot, I find this woman incredibly inspiring.
    I follow just add attitude ever since i went to Dublin for a fortnight and agree with you, it’s a great blog. Lucky you to stay in Dublin for a month!
    Happy Mother’s Day!
    Love to the three of you from Norway
    Dina

(Pssssss….S……
    Number 3, the tiny one that entitles you Mother, is it a girl or a boy….? Hope you don’t mind me being nosy?)

Thank you, Dina. Do you remember the actress who played Coco?
      (Pssss the tiny one is a girl)
      Xx

• Dina says:

I’m sure you have the most gorgeous little lady at home! 🙂
      And I certainly do remember the actress, it’s Audrey Tautou and here’s the trailer to Coco avant Chanel:

Love Dina xx

Thanks Dina. That’s awfully nice of you! I saw the preview of that movie but l didn’t watch it because I’m not a huge fan of mademoiselle Tautou. I didn’t like her at all in The Da Vinci Code. However, since you recommend it, I will give it shot. 🙂
        Love, F xx

• Dina says:

Francesca, you’re right about mademoiselle Tautou; there’s something cold and hard about her and she can’t turn a cinemaexperience into something utterly delightful, I’m sure the film would be even better with another choice – apart from that, the life of Coco Chanel and her affair with Igor Stravinsky is quite something…. Ooooh… 🙂
        Love from the North
        Dina xx

Thank you, Dina. I look forward to watching the movie.
        Hope you are having a great day. Happy Mother’s Day! Xx

P.S. Loooove your beautiful shoes…..

3. Francesca says:

P.S. Got them on sale … lucky me! 😉

4. I’m chuckling to myself! I was looking for a banana bread recipe, but I decided to drop into your blog first, which is where I found out about Just Add Attitude, which is where I found a fabulous banana bread recipe. LOL!!!!!

5. Francesca says:

Sometimes, I’m a mind reader. 😉 That recipe is great. I’m sure your are going to love B and her blog as much as we do. Thank you, Jennifer.

6. Happy Mothers Day Francesca, enjoy hour delicious breakfast in bed and thank you for telling us about B’s lovely blog. I just subscribed and can’t wait to browse through her beautiful posts.

7. Francesca, I hope that you have a fantastic Mother’s Day! My mom always starts her day out with breakfast in bed, but since I’m not at home this year it’s up to my dad. I hope you have a relaxing and well deserved day of celebration 🙂 P.S. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of another great blog to follow!

I’m sure he’ll do a great job. B is wonderful and, if I’m not mistaken, she has a sweet tooth. I’m sure you two will become great friends. 🙂

8. Happy Mother’s Day Francesca! Get spoiled Girl!

9. Dear Francesca,

It’s late here, nearly eleven but this is the first chance I have had today to read this lovely post. I am VERY touched by what you say and thank you so much for saying it.

Stefano’s picture is excellent, I love the composition and I love all the things in it: the jewellery, the shoes, the flowers …

I wish for a very Happy Mother’s Day.

Take care and every good wish to you both. B xx

Thank you, B., but I simply said the truth. 🙂
      Thanks for your kind words about the picture: Stefano is very proud of it! 🙂
      Dina just suggested a movie about her. Did you see it? I’m going to check it out for sure.
      Have a good night!
      F xx

• Hi Francesca,

I saw “Coco before Chanel” which I enjoyed; there may be other movies about her life but I haven’t seen them except for a short one (eighteen minutes long) made by Karl Lagerfeld and starring Keira Knightley, I only discovered it today. I don’t know how to put a link in a comment but if you google Once Upon a Time + Karl Lagerfeld + Chanel you should find it – it’s on uTube.

B xx

Thank you, B. I’ll watch it tonight.
        Sleep tight. Sweet dreams.
        F xx

Have a wonderful Mothers Day, Francesca. I hope your breakfast is delicious and your kitchen clean. 🙂

11. Happy Mothers Day Francesca! I really enjoyed your post and looking forward to meeting some new bloggers. I really liked that first picture- great shot by Stefano! I hope you have a very relaxing day out of the kitchen. Wishing a fabulous weekend. Take Care, BAM

12. gotasté says:

This is such a meaningful recommendation Francesca. And I loved the film too. Lovely post!

13. Oh francesca I thought that the shoes, jewellery and book were all presents you received for Mothers day! I was thinking lucky thing! I have seen the film it was bought for me a couple of years ago by my daughter – it was enjoyable. I totally agree with you about Audrey Tautou in the Da vinci code. I hope you enjoyed the breakfast. There was a series on TV about life working at Channel which was fantastic – I think you can get it on DVD.

14. Lovely post, Francesca. I checked out Just an Attitude and love. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy your Mother’s Day weekend.

Hope you had a beautiful Mother’s Day and were spoiled fittingly and to lovely excess.

16. pattyabr says:

I hope you had a lovely Mother’s Day. Thanks for the link for your friend’s blog. Very nice!