Winevent – January 28, 2013: Vinitaly International & Slow Wine 2013 in NYC

VinitalyWe are happy to report some pretty exciting news for Italian wine lovers and those who would just like to know more about it first-hand: for the first time ever, Slow Food Editore (the publisher of the Slow Wine Guide, a guide in English to Italian wines) and Vinitaly (the largest Italian wine fair in the world) join forces to showcase an impressive selection of Italian wine labels and to offer American wine trade a broad array of events, including Italian wine tastings (some of which will apparently be conducted through an interactive iPad app – sounds pretty cool!), educational sessions as well as B2B and B2C events. In this context, Slow Food will also present the 2013 edition of its English-language Italian wine guide, Slow Wine.

Vinitaly International & Slow Wine 2013 USA will be held on January 28, 2013 in New York City at Three Sixty°, 10 Desbrosses Street (between Hudson & Greenwich). The program will include:

• 12:00 noon: Opening press conference
  • 1:00 to 5:00 pm: Walk-around wine tasting open to trade and press
  • 6:30 to 9:00 pm: Wine tasting open to consumers

I am glad to report that Flora’s Table will participate in this event and will cover it on this blog, so if you plan on attending, make sure to let me know, but if you cannot make it to the Big Apple to take part in it, do not despair and just stay tuned: we will tell you the good, the bad and the ugly about it! 😉

To register for the Vinitaly International NYC event, go to Vinitaly International’s Web site and for purchasing tickets to the Slow Food NYC event, check out Slow Food’s Web site. Lists of participating wineries are available here (Slow Food) and here (Vinitaly International).

Finally, a repeat of this joint event will be held on January 30, 2013 in Miami, FL, at the Miami Beach Resort and Spa, while Slow Wine USA 2013 will make one last stop on February 4, 2013 in San Francisco, CA, at the Terra Gallery: for more information, refer to Slow Food’s Web site and to Vinitaly International’s Save the Date card or Web site.

Slow Wine

This entry was posted in Wine, Winevents, WiNews and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Winevent – January 28, 2013: Vinitaly International & Slow Wine 2013 in NYC

1. talkavino says:

Thanks for sharing, Stefano – it sounds very interesting and I will see if I can attend the event!

Thank you, Anatoli: it would really be great if you could make it – I would love to meet you in person and we could taste some of the wines together. I will separately email you a few more information.

2. vinoinlove says:

I will attend the original VinItaly in Verona this April. Been there before and have never been disappointed 🙂

Yes, like Vinexpo, Vinitaly is a great wine fair, although given the size one needs to get organized ahead of time or could miss interesting stuff. I may end up going to Verona too, we will see when we get closer to that event. Thanks for your comment!

3. zanzanaglob says:

Great news, keep us posted!

4. Vinitaly International NYC seems like a great opportunity to taste many wonderful wines from Italy. Good luck with your participation.

5. Thanks for sharing this event Stefano! Looks like a great opportunity to try some fine Italian wines!

Thank you for reading and commenting, Heather!
      Yes, I am really looking forward to it – I will post my impressions when the (cork) dust settles! 😉
      Take care

6. Pingback: Wednesday’s Meritage – Wine Quiz Answer, Random Vine Happenings and more « Talk-A-Vino

7. Mary Frances says:

I look forward to hearing more about this! Very cool.

8. Pingback: Winevent – Gambero Rosso’s Tre Bicchieri USA Tour: February 7-15, 2013 « Clicks & Corks