Is there any better way to celebrate the holidays than spending them with the people you love, giggling about an award under the tree? I don’t think so! Before going crazy with grocery shopping, finalizing my holiday menu and setting the table, I want to be sure to put an award under the trees of some blogger friends – some recently met, some following us from the beginning, everyone amazing in his/her own way.
Before I get to the nomination business, I want to apologize in advance for not giving a brief description of each nominee blog. As you know, my parents are visiting and the time I have left to blog is really, really limited – they are pretty demanding guests, you know
Let me just say that the nominees are a bunch of fantastic people which includes talented artists, crafty masters, gifted cooks, fashion experts and world travelers. Each of them will open you a door to a new world. They will tell you about their cultures, they will make you laugh, they will touch your heart with their artwork or their life experiences, they will make you think about the world which surrounds you, they will share tips about how to realize wonderful crafty projects, they will teach you how to cook pretty much anything that is edible. The holiday break is around the corner so I suggest you find some time to check each of the nominee blogs out. You’ll find plenty to fall in love with.
A. Blog of the Year 2012
Thank you to Fae of Fae’s Twist & Tango for nominating Flora’s Table for this great award. Fae has Persian origins, was raised in Japan, moved to the United States in the Seventies, traveled the world ever since. Her international background is unique, her travel posts are informative and extremely interesting and her food so eclectically delicious. I recommend you check her blog out. You won’t regret it!
The rules of the award are:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ award, a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
2. Write a blog post and tell nominate blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ’Blog of the Year 2012 Award’ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
5. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar… and start collecting stars…
Well, my nominees are (in no particular order):
1. Laura of the cook to love project
2. Dina of The World according to Dina
3. Sarah of diary of a house elf
4. Kimberly of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 4
5. Bobbi of Bam’s Kitchen
6. The gracious frog of The Greedy Frog
7. Anatoli of Talk-A-Vino
8. Violet of Violet Gallery
9. Genie of A Place Called Love
11. Jeanette of Global Grazers
B. Wonderful Team Member Readership Award
I’m particularly happy that Flora’s Table has received this amazing award. During the last three months, I have learned that blogging is much more than publishing my posts and receiving likes. Blogging is about meeting other people and reading about their knowledge and life experiences. There is so much to read and learn! So, a huge thank you goes to Daisy and the Fox for this extraordinary award. Her recipes are fresh, creative and delicious. Go check her blog out as soon as you can. You’ll thank me later
The rules for this award are pretty simple (thank goodness!): pass on the award to 14 nominees!
And my nominees are (in no particular order):
1. Stephane of My French Heaven
2. Sofia of Mamsell Proust
3. Chiara of Kiara Style
4. Zanzana of Zanzanaglob
6. Jeanette of Global Grazers
7. Fae of Fae’s Twist & Tango
8. Candy of lovely buns
9. Rebecca of Lady or Not… Here I Come
10. Allison of spontaneous tomato
11. Sarah of diary of a house elf
12. Kimberly of Whiskey Tango Foxtrot 4
13. The gracious frog of The Greedy Frog
14. Jill of afternoon artist
C. The Very Inspiring Blog Award
Thank you to Candy of lovely buns for this wonderful award. Candy is a Scot living in Alsace (France) and, judging by the perfection of her recipes, I can tell she has been there for a long time Her dishes are simply mouth-watering and her food pictures are great. I guess I do not have to tell you: just go and check her out. Yup, this is my extra Christmas gift to you!
The rules for this award are the following:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven things about myself
1. I love old movies
2. One of my favorite activities is… sleeping
3. I’m a perfectionist
4. Everything for me is either black or white: I struggle to see the grey
5. I get speechless in front of acts of rudeness. My tongue seems to freeze and when I’m ready to react, it’s always too late.
6. I think either you are born with a sense of style or you are not. There is no way you can acquire it later on.
7. I’m the worst driver ever.
My nominees are (in no particular order):
1. Carissa of at350degrees
2. The guys of The London Flower Lover
3. Jill of afternoon artist
4. Heather of Sweet Precision
5. Zanzana of Zanzanaglob
D. Liebster Award
Thank you to Carissa of at350degrees and Zanzana of Zanzanaglob for giving Flora’s Table this lovely award. Carissa was born with the baking gene and she thinks that baking is the cure to all. Consequently, her baking “medicines” are amazing and her sweet treats to die for. Zanzana in an Italian living in Milan. Her blog is more than just great, delicious food (do you know that she makes her own butter?). She tells her readers about life in Milan, all the events happening in Italy and Europe in general and, last but not least, her dream of growing vegetables in a rented garden in Milan. Yup, pretty cool, huh?
The rules for this award are the following:
1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Eleven facts about me:
1. I love reading the classics
2. I’m taking French classes
3. I’m obsessed with cleanliness
4. I’m a Law&Order addict: I can watch even ten episodes in a row
5. I enjoy reading gossip magazines
6. I treasure the time spent with… myself
7. I do not drink red wine (ouch!)
8. I do not watch horror movies. What’s the point of getting scared to death?
9. I loathe vulgarity
10. If I could, I would go to the movie theater pretty much every night (and yes, I would eat the nasty nachos with cheese!)
11. I have been waiting with trepidation for the beginning of the new season of my favorite shows: Downton Abbey and Smash.
Questions from Zanzana:
Q1. How would you define yourself?
A1. Not easy to live with.
Q2. Which languages do you speak?
A2. Italian and English
Q3. What is your favorite mean of transportation?
Q4. What do you feel when you cook?
A4. Well, it depends… happy, focused, busy
Q5. What is your favorite animal?
A5. I’m not an animal person but if I have to pick one I would say… the leopard
Q6. What do you normally read?
A6. Novels, biographies, classics
Q7. Where would you like to live?
A7. Exactly where I am now
Q8. Is there a city you feel you really belong to?
A8: New York City
Q9. Do you grow any vegetables at home?
Q10. How would you define Fashion?
A10. Coco Chanel used to say: ” Fashion fades, only style remains the same”. I think it is very true.
Q11. What would be your first wish for your letter to Santa Claus?
A.11 To keep my family healthy and happy
Questions from Carissa
1. Day or night? Night
2. Birthday or Christmas? This is a tough one… can I pick both?
3. Dogs or cats? Neither
4. Breakfast or supper? Breakfast
5. Pancakes or waffles? Neither
6. History or math? History
7. Movies or television? Movies
8. Superheroes or Vampires? Superheroes
9. Coffee or tea? Coffee
10. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
11. Heels or flats? Flats
Questions for the nominees:
1. What’s your dream job?
2. Would you like to live somewhere else? If yes, where?
3. You would never…
4. What’s your next project?
5. Do you read before falling asleep?
6. What’s your favorite form of art?
7. You are obsessed with…
8. What’s on your list for Santa?
9. Do you play any musical instruments?
10. What’s the best gift you have ever received?
11. What’s your biggest regret?
My nominees are (in no particular order):
1. Raphaelle of Fait Maison
2. Heather of Sweet Precision
3. Lydie of Le Blog des Surprises
4. Justine of Rondo Takes Brooklyn
5. Scott of Greenhorn Photos
6. Misty of hayride to heaven
7. Christina of Small Kitchen Chronicles
8. Robin of Making Rainbows
9. Axel of Freshipe
10. Tim of The Forester Artist
My warmest congratulations to all the nominees – you are all very well deserving!
One last note: I wanted to pass on an award to B of Just Add Attitude. However, when she started blogging, she decided not to take part in the “award process”. Obviously, her decision must be respected. I just suggest you pay her blog a visit because it is simply amazing.
May you and your families have a very happy holiday season!